Monday, March 2, 2015

So, What's This All About?

I had a friend and client once tell me I'd be a lot faster if I stopped taking pictures and just focused on running. That recommendation came with the assumption that I cared to be fast. Don't get me wrong, I don't want to be slow. I work very hard to be a better trail runner and one way I do that is to train for greater speed. But I would never run faster at the expense of missing the glorious surroundings that the trails above Ogden Utah have to offer. And capturing this beauty and sharing it with others makes the run all the more enjoyable and fulfilling.

So, one thing you'll be seeing on my blog are pictures. Lots and lots of pictures. I hope you enjoy. All are taken by me with my iPhone. (For a full gallery please follow me on www.instagram.com/justin_runs_ogden)





But beyond pictures of my runs I'll also be sharing reviews of products I actually have used extensively. Not just tried for a run or two. For instance, I've battled digestive issues while running for years. But I found a fuel that not only gives me consistent energy but never, and I mean NEVER upsets my stomach during a long run. I'm going to tell you about that product. Or what about shoes? Hydration packs? Gloves? Shorts? I use them and I have opinions. Maybe you'll find my impressions useful. 

And since I'm a Ogden native and spend a number of hours a week running our amazing network of trails (primarily on the Bonneville Shoreline Trail network) I'll be able to provide timely and useful trail reports. This will include various recommended routes for running, hiking and mountain biking, trail conditions, and more. If you're looking to get into trail running and you live in the area you couldn't ask for better trails to get started on. We have everything from very steep to flat, technical to clean single track, narrow trails to wide dirt roads. And all just a few minutes from downtown Ogden, the best small town in the west.

I'll also be sharing useful health and fitness tips and advice, race reports, more pictures and whatever else may help my readers. Your input will be invaluable so please feel free to share your thoughts. 

So, here goes... 




4 comments:

  1. I've loved following your Facebook page so much. So excited to read your blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Julia! I'll do my best to make it useful and worth your time.

      Delete